BIAS is a valuable networking opportunity for the aerospace business community. Our purpose-built, exclusive surroundings at Sakhir Airbase represent the perfect platform to host high-level business meetings and hospitality.
Why the Middle East?
The Middle East is the only region in the world where the wide-body fleet is larger than the single-aisle fleet. This is just one of many reasons why the Middle East is now considered a major aviation hub, and the future looks set to be even more promising:
- The Middle East region is the fastest growing emerging economy second only to the Asia Pacific region with its GDP expected to rise up to 3.8% over the next 20 years.
- Middle Eastern airlines have doubled over the last ten years. By 2036, it is forecast around 3510 aircraft will be required in the region –worth over $770bn. (Boeing Current Market Outlook 2016 -2035)
- Over the next 20 years, passenger traffic in the Middle East is set to grow by 6.2%.
- Middle Eastern airports were some of the fastest growing in 2013 – with a 7.7% growth in passengers from 2012 (world average 4%).
Along with competitive costs, easy access to the rest of the Middle East, and a well-established business infrastructure; Bahrain has extensive experience in understanding and responding to the needs of foreign businesses. Specifically, the Kingdom has an established track record in economic reform and diversification, focused on access, value and agility for businesses based in the Kingdom:
- One of the most liberal business environments in the world – it is ranked 18th globally by the Heritage Foundation, and first in the MENA region, in the 2015 Index of Economic Freedom
- One of the first countries in the region to begin diversifying its economy, with strong logistics, manufacturing, tourism, ICT, professional and financial services sectors – with more than four decades of experience, there are over 400 registered financial institutions in the Kingdom - and global leaders in the Islamic finance sector
- Strong pan-GCC transport links, encompassing road, sea and air, with airport modernisation, direct access to KSA via the Causeway and rail development moving forward – built around a natural logistics hub in northern Bahrain
- The lowest business costs in the region, according to KPMG, and an efficient registration process
- Family friendly and social lifestyle where cultures truly mix – ranks 1st in the region and 4th globally in the 2015 HSBC Expat Explorer Survey3
- A trusted, transparent, and collaborative regulatory environment